Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Miami Filmmaker highlights Raices in Miami Herald editorial

From The Miami Herald:

Keep our eyes on the prize

By: Joe Cardona
jccigar@aol.com
...

I participated in multiple debates before, during and after the concert and I was pleased and honored to exchange my ideas with equally creditable, integral individuals who happened to disagree with my opinions on the concert. At no point did I feel the need to question the motives of those who presented a counterpoint to mine. I was enlightened by viewpoints on both sides and I was particularly inspired to witness a group of young activists, Raices de Esperanza (Roots of Hope), who stepped to the forefront of this issue and presented their positions eloquently and effectively.

Click here for the full article.

Joe Cardona is best known for directing the documentaries Cafe con Leche I and II (1997/2003) and Celia: the Queen (2008).

No comments: